Group Admins

• Profile picture of Gianluca Pezzuti

Best Albums of the Year

Public Group active 1 week ago

A group to discuss what you think are this year’s best albums. No genre discrimination. It would be nice if you could narrow down your albums to ten and list them like so:

Band – Album
Genre (if you can)
A blurb about why you think the album is good.

Hope this group isn’t a stupid idea. Feel free to let me know if it is.

Best Hip-Hop/Rap Albums of 2014

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  feelgoodlost [Moderator] 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

-Suspended-
    @suspended-2
    Level 0

1. YG – My Krazy Life
    West Coast Hip-Hop
    YG put together an instant classic in the West Coast Hip-Hop album, putting his album on par with past legends like the N.W.A. or 2pac with what is only his debut LP. Any fans that haven’t been paying attention to the rebirth of West Coast Hip-Hop should start catching themselves up by listening to this outstanding album.

2. Riff Raff – Neon Icon
    Hip-Hop
    I know what most people who haven’t listened to this LP would be thinking, “What. The. F*#%”. The album was originally believed to be feature-heavy, but turned into the exact opposite and Riff showed he was more than capable of standing on his own. Not a single track on this album is the same as the last. Had Riff Raff been a more mainstream artist, this album would be #1 no question. There isn’t any song on here that won’t get stuck in your head. I was always a fan of his, but after listening to this album I ranked him #2 behind Mac Miller as the best lyricist in the world. “Step inside the club and I’m smellin’ like Miami, in a kitchen cooking’ cookies but I’m not yo damn granny, now they wanna cop me cuz I’m wetter than tsunami”. If you were missing out on the next big thing, wouldn’t you want somebody to tell you. You don’t have to take my word for it, just listen to it. Your mind will be blown.

TIE – 3. Ab-Soul – These Days…/ScHoolboy Q – Oxymoron
    West Coast Hip-Hop

feelgoodlost [Moderator]
    Participant
    @feelgoodlost
    Level 5

Freddie Gibbs & Madlib – Pinata
    Freddie’s brand of gangsta rap over top Madlib’s crate digging, soulful beats

Hawk House – A Handshake to the Brain
    Dubbed England’s answer to the Fugees, the comparison is an apt introduction to the uninitiated

Ratking – So It Goes
    While many new artists in the New York scene are looking to the past, Ratking are solidifying a modern vision of golden era hip hop: glitchy, gritty and soulful.

Shabazz Palaces – Lese Majesty
    Retro yet futuristic, soulful yet robotic, offbeat yet precise

Your Old Droog = Your Old Droog EP
    People believing that you are Nas in disguise is not a bad way to start a career. Your Old Droog offers one of the finest modern executions of gritty golden era hip hop.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar