Group Admins

• Profile picture of Michael Collins

HEAVY MUSIC

Public Group active 2 weeks, 5 days ago

Metal, metalcore, deathcore, hardcore, grind core, death metal, black metal, djent, nu-metal, post hardcore, stoner metal, sludge, crust, thrash, slam, progressive, punk, and any of the other million sub-genres that you can think of

Introduced to heavy music

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Michael Collins
    Participant
    @theinfidel84
    Level 6

What band got you into heavy music?

Michael Collins
    Participant
    @theinfidel84
    Level 6

For me it was Between the Buried and Me when I saw them live with Glass Casket and Beloved in Charlotte
    NC. It was pretty much life changing. I haven’t stopped listening to metal since then and probably never will

Andrew K
    Participant
    @thedementium
    Level 3

Bullet for my Valentine got me into heavy music and music in general. Then Avenged Sevenfold became my favorite band of all frickin’ time. Then I started getting into the Post-Hardcore and the Metalcore genre. Then I started getting into the heavier stuff like Born Of Osiris, Chelsea Grin, Carnifex, etc.

Michael Collins
    Participant
    @theinfidel84
    Level 6

Thanks for participating in the forum Andrew K.

Swazz
    Participant
    @fisthat
    Level 4

I started with Metallica when I was like 9 or 10, but Pantera really got me into it. That probably dates me a bit lol.

Michael Collins
    Participant
    @theinfidel84
    Level 6

Thanks for commenting Jon. In all actuality I got started with Marilyn Manson, Korn, Rage, and the Deftones. I didn’t really fall in love with music and the music scene until I saw BTBAM. After that I couldn’t look back or listen to anything that wasn’t super heavy. People call people like me an elitist or music snob, but its not like that. I don’t hate on other people’s music, I just know what I like and thats what I listen to (all the time) \m/

Swazz
    Participant
    @fisthat
    Level 4

I am not actually a huge btbam fan, but I saw them live with Protest the Hero, Killswitch Engage and Inflames and they were incredible. Great show in general, but they really impressed me.
    Manson, Deftones and Korn came after Pantera for me. I still Love Deftones and almost everything Chino has ever done. I saw Deftones play with Slipknot here. Soo good. I wish I could have seen them with Chi though :(

Swazz
    Participant
    @fisthat
    Level 4

I have always been a music fan though. I have been playing something since I was 5. Started on piano/violin, now I’m a bass/guitar guy and dabble with drums. Even when I was a kid I was drawn to the darker and heavier songs from the bands my mom listened to, “Come Together” by the Beatles for instance.

Michael Collins
    Participant
    @theinfidel84
    Level 6

That’s cool man! Btbam was my favorite band for the first four albums until they started meshing so many different genre’s into their music. It just became overwhelming. Oh, and I should have said Pantera as well. They were a big part of my beginning in heavy music

Michael Collins
    Participant
    @theinfidel84
    Level 6

I don’t play any instruments, but I do vocals and write a lot.

Michael Collins
    Participant
    @theinfidel84
    Level 6

What genre do you listen to mostly now a days?

Adam
    Participant
    @adamartz
    Level 6

Adept…

Ben Wecht
    Participant
    @thevillan93
    Level 3

System of a Down did the trick for me when I hit 6th-7th grade. BYOB was the big single and from there I was listening to every album they made.

Adam
    Participant
    @adamartz
    Level 6

Adept introduced me to the metalcore/post-hardcore genre.
    Linkin Park introduced me to the nu-metal/electronic rock/alternative rock genre.
    :)

Szabolcs
    Participant
    @ksvrs
    Level 1

For me it was Funeral For A Friend’s music video for the song “Escape Artists Never Die”. That got me in no time.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar